Saturday, April 28, 2012
Suitei Yuzai ep 2
WHAT I LIKED
- The smarmy politician doing the sneaky photo with Yoshio's daughter Miho. More sneaky underhanded mass media manipulation please.
- Pairing up Nakamura Toru with Mimura
- Lack of close of shots Jinnai Takanori so his unblinking beady eyes are not obvious
- Yoshio when going after finding out his daughter has been outed.
- The judge saying that he made the right decision with the information available to him at that time. (see last point on what I hate) Does the concept of beyond reasonable doubt apply in Japanese criminal law? Was the DNA test the only proof? Is the presence of a DNA trace enough to warrant a conviction?
WHAT I'M ON THE FENCE ABOUT
- The whole Miho (Motokariya Yuika) breaking off her engagement bit. Shouldn't other people be a lot more sympathetic? She had to change her name because her father was convicted of murder and now he has been exonerated. There better be some good reason for her not wanting to see her father.
WHAT I HATE
- The whole oh everyone gets hurt sentimental bullshit. They tried to pull off the victim's family blaming themselves bit from Soredemo Ikite Yuku but it comes off half-assed. I think Suitei Yuzai is suffering an identity crisis, does it want to be a Soredemo wannabe or a story about media, information manipulation and public perception?
- The judge making a damn good point and then Seiji showing the mental capacity of a 12 year old asking the judge again what he felt about the decision as a person. Hello? Are you deaf? As noted in my point before, Suitei Yuzai is trying to manipulate the audience's emotions but problem is the facts of the murder trial have not been presented to us. Get the facts of the case straight before you want us to care.
Hopefully no more woe is me crap. Suitei Yuzai needs to be more of a thriller and we need more facts about the case.