Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Sunday, February 19, 2017
The saddest thing about this Japan trip besides being unwell for most of it is that I don't get that many 3DS street passes anymore. Japan is truly knee deep into mobile phone gaming now. :(
Games Maya blog that I have been reading for the past year. Over the counter, she's got pictures of her with many famous game people including Kojima Hideo. If you are a gamer its a nice shop to visit although there's nothing much in Kasai. I recommend reading the blog for Japanese studies.
From top row going left to right:
1) Guild 01 - Less than 200 yen and its a collection of 4 eshop games and I wanted to the D&D like game called Crimson Shroud.
2) Codename Steam - Valkyria Chronicles with retro comic feel featuring American icons. Made for the US market but sadly didn't sell well but its more Valkyria Chronicles than Valkyria Azure Revolution.
3) Project X Zone 2 - I haven't even touched the first game gut this has got Kiryu, Majima and Segata Sanshiro and its the original game sound edition so its got all the original music.
4) Red Ash - I think its by Mistwalker, maker of Lost Odyssey.
5) Sonic Lost World - Just got the Wii U version when it went on sale in the shop and I quite like it. I like the 3D effects.
6) Sonic Generations - Slim Sonic and Fat Sonic team up.
7) Monster Hunter Stories - I quick like it. Its got a story and its a turn based game.
8) Yoshi's Wolly World - Only game I regret buying. Graphically I prefer the 20 year old Snes game and the 3D sucks.
9) Sega 3D Archives Final Stage - I got most the games I want digitally but I got this cause Thunder Force 3 is cartridge only. Sega does a really awesome job with the 3D for these games. If only they Thunder Force 4 cause its twice as beautiful as TF3 and parallax scrolling would make the 3D incredible.
10) Berserk guide book!!!!!!!!!
11) Feel free to laugh at me. At least I got it 2nd hand so Furyu does not get my money. I just wanted a brain dead Love Plus.
Friday, February 17, 2017
If you've never heard of Wagakki band you need to watch this.
I started listening to them a year ago and now their songs are some of my favourite to karaoke.
Its been a while since I've been to a big arena and I completely forgot my rule of arrive 4 hours before doors open. Unfortunately the hoodie and the one nice shirt were sold out. you never have to worry about things being sold out with smaller bands. Very pissed off with myself.
The only shirt I could get and it's only L size.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Went out with Yukimi and Megumi on Monday. Megumi's quit Hakushe but Yuka-chan from the good old days of gift has taken over over so its all good. Gyu tan with wasabi on top. Yum.
Nunogami won this tabelog award in 2014 and both Yukimi and Megumi say its the best yakiniku place in Osaka so I went in with super high expectations. Plus you can't get a seat without booking and Yukimi tried booking this place when during my previous trip but couldn't.
Nunogami gets top marks for presentation. As for taste, it didn't really blow my tastesbuds away. It was good but not memorable. Both Yukimi and Megumi were saying that the taste was a bit off.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
This is the first time I'm not meeting up with bframe in Japan. :(
I didn't see this in Yakuza 6.
I so wanted to kick the kids out of the way jump on the snow and make a snow fairy.
The Ultraman outside this toy shop looks like its from 1975.
Went to this shop for Onomichi ramen.
Meh. Had to put lots of white pepper to eat it. Should have checked tabelog for the best rated one at least.
This reminds me of this sub mission in Yakuza 6 where some guy is stuck in the roof.
This looks very, very familiar.
View from Senkouji.
Obsevatory at the top of the hill.
Picture of the poems which Kiryu had to solve to get to the Onomichi mystery.
People waiting for the ropeway.
In Yakuza 6 you can walk around Onomichi and Kabukicho collecting cats and I was surprised to see there're really a lot of cats in Onomichi.
Comepletely forgot to bring cat food with me.
OMG this is the spot that Kiryu goes shark hunting from and they've even got the vending machines!
I found the snack district West of Onomichi train station.
I really wanted to hit a snack in Onomochi but my throat problem is far from being healed.
Nice sunset view from hotel.
Watching this show called Kunoichi 2017.
For some reason I can't stop watching.
She's the wrestler who was in Yakuza 6! Lol, talk about coming full circle today.