Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Miidera Temple in Otsu

Went to Otsu station to meet up with Miho.

She messaged that she had arrived at the station but I couldn't see her.

Next message was the meeting place is Otsukyou Station 大津京駅 not 大津駅! The word baka may or may not have been used.

Luckily the Tim Tams I brought helped with my apology. Good thing I didn't bring vegemite.

I always make mistakes whenever I read Japanese too fast.

A lof of freaking cars.

We ended up parking in front of a super 10 minutes away and walking to Miidera.

Everyone was trying to park at temple grounds.

Kenshin was shot here.

Had a look around, went to a kisaten to kill time and then on to yakiniku! The weather forecast said 30% chance of rain. I mainly wanted to see the yozakura and luckily it didn't rain!

At least until 8:30. Yozakura is always better.


Best thing about Shiga is that its not overrun with foreign tourists making you feel like you're in China.
Love this shot.





Taking a short detour back to the car when it started to drizzle.

Probably the best view at Miidera is just outside it.

5 comments:

Antspace said...

"The word baka may or may not have been used." LOL!
Great photo's btw. : )
I'm slightly frustrated missing the hanami this year >_<

Shane said...

I'll check this out on Friday after work!

Aarrrr said...

Where are pictures of Miho?!

dgundam said...

lol so true about the tourists!

im a dumb foreigner and went i went there last year i was surpirsed by the huge amounts of chinese tourists. kinda annoying too since a lot of them are rude.

im just curious mike, how much is a plane flight ticket to japan from australia anyway (your from aus right?)?
from china to japan?

from where i live it costs 2500$ for a flight to japan.

just curious since i keep on seeing u going multiple times to japan.

nice pictures as always.

Akiramike said...

dgundam, I can write a whole post about Chinese tourists in Japan. Seriously the worst.
This time it cost me about $1200 return direct Aust to Narita. If you keep an eye out you can get $1k or less. Cheapest return I've ever gotten was $800.