Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Okashi no Ie Episodes 3-10


What a fun, feel good ride Okashi no Ie has been. To me, Okashi no Ie is about people who live in the fringes of society and how they try to survive. What this show is trying to say without saying it out loud is that while these people struggle and do not have the things that everyone in society wants, maybe they have something else that not everyone in society has. I am glad Okashi no Ie never descended into schmaltzy melodrama.Very watchable, feel good show.

Edit: Forgot to mention the ending to episode 9. That was such a painful ending but their reactions sum up what the series is about.

6 comments:

Shane said...

I knew you would like this.

Because you have good taste.

Anonymous said...

Rootabega sez:
I second that emotion. There's only one screen shot in this review, but it just happens to be one of the best lines, if not the best line, in the dorama. That's why I love this blog, critical discernment.
All the best in new year, Mike-san!

Shane said...

This has actually been a decent season for dramas.]

I think "Okitegami Kyoko" is a very watchable detective show (and even if it was crap I'd still watch it for Aragaki Yui).

Also, if you want to see more of Menma from AnoHana, she's in "Mutsu" which is a decent drama with an interesting concept.

I even enjoyed "5-ji kara 9-ji made", which is a shamelessly cheasy shojo romance drama haha. Admittedly, I would watch Satomi Ishihara in anything because her face is perfection.

Cyberwave said...

Despite two episodes about "angel voice" being too offtrack, the overall quality of this drama is decent comparing with other dramas in this season. Ishii Yuya's capable of producing skits as usual.

P.S. Not quite impressed by the cast for Sakamoto Yuji's new drama next season. There's other options for me to watch Takahata Mitsuki so I probably give this FujiTV drama a pass.

Anonymous said...

is this drama an ongoing story, or are they self contained episodes (like shinya shokudo)?

Akiramike said...

Anon- its an ongoing story.