Thursday, July 30, 2015

Enka ~ Gold Rush ~ Episode 1


A WOWOW dorama that doesn't feature a cop, reporter and politician as the main characters? Colour me interested. Moriyama Mirai plays an  temporary art teacher named Kumagai.


At the beginning of the episode, he has to go on patrol to catch any students loafing around the city at night along with another teacher, Oyamada.


Kumagai and Naoko are invited into a blackmail scheme by Oyamada.


The plan is to blackmail the headmaster they call hedgehog (harinezumi) by videotaping him with his mistress.


They want Harinezumi to make them regular teachers and allow the female teacher Naoko to continue singing. Kuma-san is also in debt.


They catch Harinezumi in the act but the blackmail is not affective.


The teacher who came up with the plan has a second thing to blackmail Harinezumi which I'm not sure what it is.


Kumagai and Naoko leave the scene of the blackmail but are unable to contact their Oyamada and they go back to discover they may be in over their heads.


Enka ~ Gold Rush ~ is really hard to understand not because of the Kansai-ben but because they speak really fast like real Kansai-ben. I had to watch it twice to understand the dialogue. Even then, there are parts I don't really get.


It looks like Enka is going to be a dark comedy which I like and is something we don't usually see from WOWOW. I can do without any conspiracy doramas from WOWOW. bframe says episode 2 is really good so I can't wait for it to be uploaded to nyaa.

2 comments:

Shane said...

I live in Kansai so this will be good practice!

Akiramike said...

Stop reminding me you live in Japan! :(