Sunday, January 01, 2006

Love Machine at Kouhaku

I'd take Ayaya anytime, anyplace.....

Well, its another year and that means its time for Kouhaku! The most anticipated thing for me was the Love Machine performance that was voted in. Rumours were going around that they would get the old members to perform and I was sure as hell excited.

I got goosebumps when the balloon poped and revealed old school Momusu in an updated Love Machine pose. IMO, this looks better than the old one.

All they need is Mika Todd and we could have a Mini Moni reunion......

Kaori and the famous jyaaaaaaaaaaa face. Now we only need her to do the 'ne waratte' song.

The 10-nin of 2000-2001, minus Yossi. Sniff, those were the good days........

Add in Ishiguro Aya and we can have an old school Tanpopo reunion.

Wtf? Yasuda Kei is still alive? lol

Nacci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On a side note, Yuko looks like an evil villian from a shoujo manga.

With Yossi not in the line up, I knew bad things were gonna happen and in the middle of the song, the current Momusu showed up. :( Yeah, its sorta like the passing of the baton from the old Momusu to the new but goddamn I was having a great time reliving my early jpop days. And they gave Koharu Mari's last line! WTF?!

The dream line up would be to see the 8-nin lineup with Sayaka and Ayappe but I'm just happy to see Mari and the others performing the most famous Momusu song, perhaps for the last time.

Yuko showing a bit too much enthusiasm.......

Thanks to Ayabie~ from jpopmusic for the vid. You can get the file here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great recap! I enjoyed the performance and I liked that Koharu-chan had the last line. It's not the same, but it'll do.

And Yuko...LOL That high kick reminded me of Ayumi Hamasaki's ugly backup singer on HEY!HEY!HEY! performing INSPIRE. :shutter: