Wednesday, May 01, 2019

When I Get Home, My Wife Always Pretends to be Dead jmovie review

This movie had been sitting on my HD for a while, waiting for me to get into the mood to watch it. I knew nothing about the movie only that Yasuda Ken was in it and the concept and the poster was hilarious.



Yasuda Ken is a once divorced salaryman who is nearly the 3 year anniversary of his marriage to Eikura Nana. The third year is important because he believes that there is a wall that couple face on the third year and the anniversary is when they will either confirm their marriage or decide to separate.


However, one day Yasuda Ken comes home to find his wife playing dead. And instead of turning into a one off joke, it becomes a daily occurrence.

My Wife Always Pretends to be Dead is a reflective comedy about married life and love and being with someone for a long time. Problems with communication and expectations. I love that it does preach but instead shows you the ups and downs of marriage.

Its such a beautiful and simple indy style movie. Not must watch but I highly recommend everyone watch it because its the perfect antidote to all the teenage high fantasy love stories. Plus Yasuda Ken and Eikura Nana are awesome.

The raw is easily available from nyaa and I got the subs from avistaz although I suspect it should be easily googleable.

No comments: