Wednesday, May 29, 2019

5 reasons to watch Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku Episodes 1+2

WHAT IS IT?

Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku is about the daughter of a family Akari who goes viral with a video of her apologising to an angry customer and her finds out that internet fame is not necessarily a good thing.

1) This is the right jdorama to capture this SNS era of youtubers, followers determining one's worth, internet bashing and people trying to present a perfect image to outsiders.

2) The script by Magi is very, very good. The characters and situations feel real and there is a feeling of confidence that the writer knows where the story is going.

3) I can't believe this is a midnight jdorama (according to asianwiki) because the production values is just excellent. Really great acting by everyone involved.

4) The musical number in episode 2. Its not one of those let's try to get some retweets cute dance number. This is a real write a song for the show and shoot it like a real music video. Worth the price of admission.

5) This is the show I've been waiting for because it feels like half the news today is from SNS and I think Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku will really explore it. Although I live in the world today, because I'm not into snapchat, famous internet people etc it kind of feels like I am unable to understand this world that everyone else lives in and want Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku to be this window for me.

SUMMARY

Must watch. I thought this season was going to suck but Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku and Anata no Ban desu has retained my faith in jdoramas.

6 comments:

Sonna~ said...

I'll try to give this another try - I thought episode 1 was OK.

Off to Tokyo again in October for trip five. Hope you take another trip soon. :)

Akiramike said...

@Sonna~ I've sort of cooled down on Bazuru Kazoku though I still like it.

Enjoy your trip!

BlueKelah said...

is this being subbed? and where to get the videos, is it on nyaa?

Akiramike said...

@BlueKelah: Yes, its being subbed at d-addicts and I think the videos are at nyaa but I got my raws from jptvts.

NikiWonoto said...

it's a good drama, especially today it's very real and relevant, when people are so addicted to social media

NikiWonoto said...

and it's also a good drama about family