Sunday, May 05, 2019

Do we need a sequel to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko?

Thanks to Sonna~ for letting me know that a sequel to KDO is in the works. KDO is one of the greatest jdoramas ever. Its so freaking good because everything about it is so perfect and should be on everyone's top 10 list of greatest jdoramas.

However, you can't improve on perfection. The first series had the perfect ending. Finding out that Kuwano is still single is depressing after all that personal growth he showed in the first season.

It would be nice to see Natsukawa Yui's Hayasaka sensei back again but if Kuwano blew up the perfect relationship partner for him, I don't see her waiting around 13 years for him.

If its Kuwano and a new woman, its going to be 'here we go again' and we'll continue to compare it with the first season. I think its a lose lose proposition for the sequel.

The only thing that would be funny would be if Kaneda became some big twitter/youtuber guy. I'm feeling a whole sense of dread. Ozaki Masaya is still writing it so maybe he's got a good story to tell about Kuwano Shinsuke. If it sucks hopefully I can pretend it doesn't exist like The Dark Knight Rises.

1 comment:

Sonna~ said...

I don't think KDO needs a sequel either - had a great ending and I was expecting him to get with Dr Hayasaka. I was expecting a sort of natural progression type thing, maybe leading into something similar to At Home Dad, where he's trying to adjust to family life or life with a teenager or something.

In a way, this reminded me of Saigo Kara and its sequel. It was unnecessary, and Chiaki is the sort of cool character type. It felt like she'd outgrown Wahei.

I think I'll give the first episode a try at the very least, because I like Ozaki Masaya.