Saturday, December 10, 2022

Yamikin Saihara-san Episodes 1~4

Yamikin Saihara-san is a spin off of the popular Yamiking Ushijima series about loan sharking and collecting money from all sorts of people. I loved the first series with Katase Nana but I lost interest with each subsequent series and spin off when she left the show. bframe said that the side stories were interesting and I put it on my list and I noticed on drama-otaku that Sars fansub was subbing! Sars run by amrayu was really big back in the early days of jdoramas and it is good to see them back.

I was expecting to get bored but Yamikin Saihara-san has been ok.I think the most important thing is the supporting character Yuto is the lackey of Saihara-san. He is the one 'normal' person in this world of loan-sharking. I don't care about Takahashi Maryjun's Saihara-san because like Ushijima, she is just a force of nature character with no personality anyway. I do care about normal characters who are just trying to get by.

The stories so far are interesting from old man slowly getting hooked into the underground idol scene and guy married to guy married to Kinami Haruka trying to run a ramen place. I can definitely get behind a ramen  and idoru jdorama.

Only watch if you are a fan of the Ushijima series. bframe did remark that Saihara-san doesn't have the charm of  Ushijima. I am more into the human stories than the main characters. OK series so far. Thanks to Sars for subbing!

No comments: