Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Ryojin no Ono Episodes 3~6

 

WOWOW's Ryojin no Ono is my other watch must show from this season besides Elpis. Luwang has finished subbing the show so I can finally talk about it. The raws can be gotten from drama-otaku and the sub from luwang's discord. It is a very exciting suspense dorama with lots of twists and turns.

My idea of what Ryojin no Ono was about kept changing with every twist. At the same as every red herring was discarded, I kept wondering whatever could the final twist be? When the final twist was revealed at the end I was shocked. I had no idea how to take it. My first thoughts were negative. I thought this was stupid twist. It made Ryojin no Ono into a super dark tragedy that was comical.

I was writing my review in my head about how the ending did not make sense to me but I decided to wait for the subs and rewatch the final episode again. And after two weeks to process the ending and rewatching the final episode again I am not so negative about the ending twist anymore.

Ryojin no Ono is about tragedy and how people survive after a tragic event. Whether by love or by hate, living on after tragedy is difficult and the Shibasaki's went through tragedy that is just unexplainable. That the wife chose to keep quiet about to preserve the marriage and husband's sanity.

Really good job from WOWOW. They have made one of the most bloody tragic and depressing jdoramas ever.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I haven't got a clue how to use Discord, despite several attempts to explore it and figure it out. If you have any tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for this blog, it's a great resource.

Akiramike said...

@Rick: I created a discord account and clicked on the invite https://discord.gg/YvESgGYWz5
I clicked on #request access on the left and followed the instructions.

Once you have access you can download from the fansubs or doramalist on the left. Best advice is click on the dorama you want to download subs from and then click on pinned messages on the top right because most subs/hardsubbed links are pinned.

Good luck!

Akiramike said...

@Rick: gave you wrong invite, please use https://discord.com/invite/yskwmxrVHe

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great rec, Akiramike! I've just finished the second ep with Chinese subs. The acting is excellent across the board, but Shibata Kyohei really stood out in ep2. Amazing how he went from gentle old guy to formidable detective (quietly grilling Kawasumi at the ramen joint), and, finally, to vengeful father/husband contorted with pain and rage. Off to watch ep3 now!