Saturday, November 19, 2016

Cold Case : Shinjitsu no Tobira Eps 3+4

I liked episode 3 but the pacing was just a tad too fast with so many revelations. An extra 5 to 10 minutes would have have helped settled things down and perhaps a bit more world building with Amagasaki which I wanted to see more of. Amagasaki sounds like an interesting blue collar town.

That said, the English music selection is just wrong. I love Bon Jovi's Always but it did not fit the ending of the episode. I know they are playing hit music from the year that the crimes were committed but at least choose a Japanese song.

Episode 4 is the first episode of the series that I liked. Luckily Kawaguchi Kyougo's Sakura become the important song of the episode and not some English song. Fukuda Mayuko even in a bit part is a good thing. :)

The star of the episode is Santamaria Yusuke who played a great foil for our heroes. Someone needs to reedit the episodes and replace the ending English songs with Japanese ones. I vote that Always be swapped with Mr Children's Tomorrow Never Knows or Spitz's Robinson.

Cold Case is still finding its feet for me. I'll watch until the end but it seems doing a direct adaptation might not be such a good idea.

No comments: