Thursday, March 29, 2012
Japan day 6: Scandal vs Budokan
Random thoughts on concert
- They`ve got huge shooting flames on the set. Awesome.
- There are three big combined screens above the stage and two big screens on each side. Something that live houses don`t have. However, you can actually see the girl`s faces at live houses.
- Rina does a pretty awesome 10 minute drum solo. By the jpop gods, how can a drummer chick be so kawaii, kakoii and manic at the same time. She`s like the Michishige Sayumi of Scandal. She knows she`s the cutest now that Mami looks like a slut. (More Scandal fanboys and girls are going to after my head now.)
- Then the 3 other girls come out for Rina to change and they do some stupid dancing song from the 3rd album while miming their instruments. WTF??????!!!!! Its like before Zone could play their instruments well. Did I mention Scandal`s 3rd album is boring. They peaked with their 1st album IMO.
- A lot of boring songs from 3rd album but they`ve been remixed with more rock so they sound slightly better.
- Stupid 20 minute skit. Felt like 30 minutes. Stop wasting my time!
- Haruna says they are going to play the songs from the best album!!! Yes!!!!!
- They`ve saved all the best songs for the end! The 2nd half of the concert rocked!Sakura Goodbye! Taiyo to Kimi Egaku Story! And fittingly the last song was Doll, which is the ultimate twirl the muffler song. Three of the best Scandal songs. The new song Harukaze is pretty good as well so there`s still hope.
- Don`t think they played Namida no Regret.
- Huge thanks to Bframe for getting me the tickets. Too bad he couldn`t make it because of work.
- I think house show is still better. More personal. I don`t want to go to a 60k seat stadium and look at the huge screens.
- The Scandal crowd is pretty young. You even have milfs and their daughters attending. Ojisans really stand out.
- If I kidnapped Mami, the first thing I would do is undye her hair.