Monday, April 01, 2019

Good Wife Episodes 6-10

Good Wife turned out to be a pretty fun watch. Its got a lot of twists and turns.

I could not believe they went for the storyline in episode 10 because I thought it would be better served as the main story for the second season.

Good Wife is basically underdog female character with two very different and flawed love interests and the show is about making the audience and main character Hasumi Kyoko not be able to choose one over the other.

Personally I'm in team Hasumi. Karasawa Toshiaki does an excellent job underacting because the writers want to keep the audience guessing about his true motives but this just makes his character's ability to make complex decisions while his life is crumbling even more impressive.

Compare that with Jorah, I mean Koizumi Kotaro's schoolboy lawyer who can't even confess properly.

I impression I have of Good Wife, is while the twists are fun, I don't feel as invested in the characters as much.

Its that feeling that I would not mind skipping to the end of the episode to find out what happens and I did not feel the need to go on every second of the journey with the characters.

My favourite performance in Good Wife is Yoshida Kotaro's Wakisaka. He knows how to play a fun villain without going overboard.
Very watchable show. I like it better than Suits. Looking forward to season 2 as long as Hasumi and Wakisaka are in it.

No comments: