Friday, April 12, 2019

My 3 favourite episodes of Fruits Takuhaibin

1) Episode 10 (Goukon Episode)

In this episode we've got the Jimiyama reveal after hearing bits and pieces about this regular client, but the goukon story is the best.This episode was about the idea that there is no one who should be ashamed about one's job and we should not let other people put a value on our jobs based on their skewed values.

I love how the episode manages to express this without spelling it out through a goukon and drinking at a snack with the mama. We see this contrasted with the three selfish goukon women who just want a man with a job to guarantee their future and the mama who works hard for her child and is good at her job. One of my favourite episodes ever. This episode is almost enough to guarantee Fruits Takuhaibin a must watch.

2) Episode 9

Masakane falls in love and we have that musical number. I love how his child-like innocence can melt even the most hardened of criminals. The right mixture of fun and melancholy.

3) Episode 8 (Nakamura Yuri)

This episode is so sad but I'm glad they did not go with a fairytale ending. I love how things don't always work out like in the real world and Fruits does not pull its punches.


SUMMARY

Fruits Takuhaibin is good. Very good. The question is, is it Shinya Shokudo good? I'm so torn on this because if you look at the quality of the episodes, its right up there with Shinya yet something is stopping me from declaring Fruits a must watch. Maybe its because I wasn't that happy with the ending I guess........ I want to give it a must watch, but I can't. Very, very, very good show.

No comments: