Monday, March 25, 2019

Kono Koi wa Tsumi na no ka and Yuube wa Otanoshimi Deshita ne

I decided to review these two jdoramas together because they are very similar. In both shows, the main character is an inexperienced, socially awkward guy who in the process of falling in love with the main girl starts coming out of his shell.

Both shows also have different hobbies as a theme. In Kono Koi wa Tsumi na no ka, Kashiwagi Yugi's character is a professional shogi player and the main dude starts learning shogi to get close to her.





Yuube wa Otanoshimi Deshita ne is basically and advertisement for Dragon Quest X and the Nintendo Swith.


The two characters have been playing Dragon Quest X together for the past year with Tsubasa Honda playing a male avatar and the main guy played by Ichitaka from I"s, a female avatar.

Ichitaka invites Tsubasa Honda to be his housemate thinking she was dude and it was too late to back off when he found out.

I wanted to give up on this show cause I don't want to see a show about a guy who uses a nekama (guy who uses female avatar online) but Tsubasa Honda really stole the show.

Both shows are very light and fluffy with Kono Koi wa Tsumi na no ka finishing at 4 episodes and Yuube wa Otanoshimi Deshita ne clocking at 6 episodes.


I really like this shorter episode thing because both shows did not overstay their welcome and left me wanting more.

If I had to say which show I prefer, I'd have to say Yuube wa Otanoshimi Deshita ne because Tsubasa Honda is a better actress than Kashiwagi Yuki.

If you're after some light fluffy romantic jdoramas that won't take 10 hours, I recommend both shows. Don't expect too much depth to the shows and you'll have a great time. I wish Capcom would just sponsor a live action Street Fighter romance jdorama like a live action version of High Score Girl.

3 comments:

Antspace said...

Since I'm into fuwa fuwa lately I tried Yuube wa Otanoshimi Deshita ne.
It was a very long commercial for Dragon Quest, and predictable but enjoyable :-)
By the way, in the same line of light stuff I can recommend Moriyamachu Driving School with Kumiko Aso and a very funny Shuhei Nomura.

Sonna~ said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see that you liked both of these. I thought they were nice and short and finished at the right time.

Did you watch the Net-juu no Susume anime? It's in the same sort of thing except the OP is a woman instead of a guy. Not sure you'd like it, just curious.

Akiramike said...

@Sonna~ Not I have not watched Net-juu no Susume. Sounds very much like Yuube wa Otanoshimi. The only anime I've watched recently is Golden Kamuy.