Saturday, March 16, 2019

3 nen A gumi Episodes 6 - 10

WHAT I LIKED

1) I certainly did not see the face of the true enemy coming! It is a very bold and pertinent idea for an enemy, especially in this day and age. I like that the story acknowledges that his plan is pretty futile but he has to do it anyway.

2) I didn't hate any of the students. Happy to see Tomita Miu, the main girl from Switched in this.


3) So many things in this show don't make sense. The police are completely useless, the students do not look like they've been living in a classroom for 10 days and why did Hiiragi know something would happen at the end of episode 10 because if it did not, it would have had the opposite consequence. However its all in service to the crazy ending because I can't even begin to imagine how to write a better 10 episode plot to arrive at the same conclusion.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

1) If I hear that stupid phrase 'chanto mukiau' or any other variation with that mukiau word again, I'm going to go nuts. Its the most cliched jdorama/anime plotline dialogue bullshit ever. We get it! Japanese people don't like dealing with people directly and telling people what they actually think but why is this in every single freaking generic jdorama and anime?!

2) Hiiragi's constant preaching and super long freaking speeches full of abstract terms while the students try really hard to look moved. It feels like he is trying to use the Stockholm syndrome to brainwash his students.


SUMMARY

Surprisingly watchable show with interesting plot that has more leaks than the White House. I couldn't help thinking about Suzuki sensei while watching 3 nen A gumi because its the best jdorama on student teacher problems.

No comments: