Sunday, February 24, 2019

Switched / Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka

WHAT IS IT?

Switched is a Netflix jdorama about body switching except this time its between the popular and beautiful girl with the 'ugly' girl.

WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT?

+ One of the main characters is a girl who does not look like a stick and she's not in the show for comedy purposes.
+  The Johnnys did not suck.
+ I really liked the acting from the girls because the I could tell who was in who's body.
+ Its a show about how beauty may not be skin deep and how blaming everything on one's looks or background may just be an easy excuse.
+ Its only 6 episodes unlike the Marvel Netflix ones that just drag on and on.

WHAT DIDN'T I like

- I kinda skimmed the last two episodes cause I was getting tired of the love triangle.
- I hate the stupid ending. What the hell was the story building up for?

SUMMARY

I think Switched is a pretty well made and watchable shoujo dorama with a fun concept. I got a bit sick with the tropes of the genre towards the end but if you are a shoujo fan definitely check it out and if not give episode 1 a try.

No comments: