Wednesday, February 13, 2019

6 things I loved about Harassment Game Episodes 1-5

1) The lawyer's look towards Hirose Alice at the end of episode 5 is gold. I just had to screencap and write about it straight away.

2) As a show about workplace harassment, Harassment Game is very relevant to workplaces today.

3) I enjoyed the balanced and sometimes funny view on harassment cases. Ie, no one is 100% innocent.

4) I enjoyed the juxtaposition between old Japanese workplaces practices and the new one that is very slowly dawning on Japan.

5) I love how Harassment game shows how upsurd extreme political correctness can be.

6) Its got an interesting story of an underdog who might get his chance for revenge as the main story.

SUMMARY

Out of the 5 episodes, I would say 4 are very good with episode 1 the weakest. Akitsu is a great role for Karasawa Toshiaki. Inoue Yumiko, writer of Pandora, Made in Japan and Shiroi Kyoto may have written another masterpiece! Thanks to kowaihitotachi for the subs and there's a batch torrent up at nyaa. Must watch.

4 comments:

Sonna~ said...

Be honest - how is Furukawa Yuki's acting in this? I find that generally speaking he literally plays the same exact person in every drama I've seen him in. He's the straight forward, dull voiced, overly intelligent jerk or tsundere. Please tell me he's doing something different in this.

Akiramike said...

@Sonna~ I'm not sure I've seen Furukawa Yuki before this but he is playing the exact character your just described. lol Luckily, he is only a supporting character and Karasawa Toshiaki does the heavy lifting in this show.

Paul Sinn said...

Inoue Yumiko wrote 41 dorama, but not "Lunch no Joou."

Akiramike said...

@Paul Sinn : You are right. She did not write Lunch no Joou! I stand corrected.