Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Japan trip 2018/2019 Part 10 : Back to Shinjuku and Team Lab Planets in Odaiba

Waiting in the snow at the Fukuchionsen Bus Stop just outside Kakurean so we can go to the Hirayu Onsen bus terminal.

We had to wait an hour plus for the bus to Matsumoto at the Hirayu Onsen bus terminal but luckily there was these foot onsen to keep us warm. I had assumed that there would be a bus to Matsumoto every hour. If I had checked, we would have stayed at Kakurean a bit longer.

View outside the bus terminal. I bloody regret not getting one last Hida beef skewer from the bus terminal but I was a bit stick of beef skewers at that point.

Bus dropped us off a few minutes walk from Matsumoto Station. I've been told that Matsumoto Castle is very beautiful and worth going to but at this point we just wanted to get back to Shinjuku and put our bags down.

We managed to get reserved seats on the Chuo Main Line train back to Shinjuku although they were separate. Should have had a peek at the non-reserved carriage because I have a feeling they weren't that full. Maybe next time Matsumoto.

For dinner, we wanted to try Sushizanmai which a friend of mine had tried not too long ago. Sushizanmai also appears in the Yakuza games. We went to one near Yasukuni street but the line was pretty long and we went to the other one north of Kabukicho near the batting centre.

It took them a bit too long to prepare the sushi and they apologised for it but I prefer my sushi a bit colder and less room temperature. Not but and I would like to try Sushizanmai again.

Judge Eyes and Sushizanmai collaboration poster.

I thought Shinjuku Sportsland closed down? Need to look through my blog.

Trying to play this basketball machine thingie but any basketball player will tell you you are suppose to arc your shot but this machine has a roof.

Went to try Ichiran cause its been years since I've had it. Not as bad as I remember but nowhere near Oreshiki level.

I'm was so tempted to buy these FFIX figures at Nakano Broadway but the price is crazy.

Went to Super Potato in Ikebukuro.

Look at some of the prices of the Mega Drive games!

So our big thing during our last day was this immersive digital art experience called Team Lab Planets in Odaiba. We had booked a ticket online months before.

Outside the Team Lab building.





Our photos can't really do justice to what the experience was.

I would describe it as experiencing what a main character in a trippy movie could only experience.

I was bloody getting headaches from this one whenever I look at the horizon.

New Gundam at Diver City.


Of course I had Tanaka Shoten which did not taste as good as I remember.

We didn't go to Village Vanguard at Shimokitazawa but at least we went to the Odaiba one.

Somehow we ran into another showa themed place!

Momusu, Ayaya, Zone and Otsuka Ai got me through my uni life.

Playing Virtua Cop 2.

Went to this forced perspective art place.



If you look at a picture from a certain perspective, it'll look like its real.

Back to Kabukicho.

The back of Godzilla's head from hotel.

Back to No Meat, No Life which we loved last trip. They have changed the menu so you can't order things separately ie the meat comes in sets which I don't really like.

 New Don Quijote at the east side of Shinjuku. That's pretty much it for this trip. Thanks for reading and hope you got entertained by the pictures. The last two days was spent pretty much shopping so next and final post will be the Japan loot post.

No comments: