Monday, February 04, 2019

Kimi ga Kokoro ni Sumitsuita Episode 1-3

This is Ogawa, the main character of the story who works at a lingerie company and has really low self esteem. She's also got this annoying habit of braiding her scarf as a sign of her low esteem.

Mukai Osamu is her manipulative boss who did bad things to her in back in college. She can't get this bad person out of her mind and and Mukai Osamu definitely has some sob story to sort of justify his bad behaviour.

Kiritani Kenta is the nice guy who Ogawa goes after at first and he slowly gets drawn to her.

It was hard for me to watch Mukai Osamu continue to torture poor Ogawa with his schemes over and over while she can't quit him. I know she's slowly growing and maturing but its just not entertaining for me. If the treasure at the end of the rainbow were for Mukai Osamu to get finally his comeuppance from Ogawa, I would be up for it but this does not feel like a revenge jdorama to me.


It doesn't help that her job at the lingerie company is not very entertaining. They just throw a lot of general terms around, pretend to work and have a lot of meetings about nothing. (wait that sounds like real life) Meanwhile Kiritani Kenta's job is much more interesting but we don't get enough if it.

I just can't get into this show and there's nothing about the Mukai Osamu X Ogawa relationship that interests me. Meh, nothing to see here.

3 comments:

Sonna~ said...

I couldn't get into it either. I wanted her to be really bold in the first episode and tell Mukai off but she never did. I didn't even watch 2-3. I read some spoilers through the comments section of some website and I'm now even more certain I don't want to watch it. It's like a bad otome game.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you wasting your time on this and not watching Switched. Best female acting this year!

Akiramike said...

@Sonna~I have no idea how to the show is going to make Mukai into a good guy work.

@Anon: Thanks, will give Switched a try.