Thursday, June 22, 2023

Shouri no Houteishiki

Shouri no Houteishiki is a lawyer dorama with a bit of a twist. Shida Mirai plays a former child actor turned lawyer who failed to protect her friend from a murder charge and is no longer practicing law. Kazama Shunsuke plays a writer who uses Shida Mirai's name is write a blog pretending to be a lawyer who never lost a case.

Shida Mirai is forced back to being a lawyer and the hook of the series is Kazama Shunsuke is a genius writer who writes scripts in court for Shida Mirai to follow and bring victory. I like the child actor bit because Shida Mirai was a child actress as well.

The concept for Shouri no Houteishiki is very weird. This genius writer who is not a lawyer can predict the future and write scripts for Shida Mirai to win in court. I can accept the premise if it leads to great stories but the stories are not good.

Usually when watching Japanese legal shows you have to shut off your brain. I feel like the writer has no idea how to make the show smart so it tries to hard to be moving to the point of stupidity.

I really wanted to like this show because I am a fan of Shida Mirai and Kazama Shunsuke and Kitano Kie is in this! I should have stopped watching earlier in the series but I kept thinking maybe it will get better.

I didn't even bother to finish the last episode. I kept thinking they are in a court room but they are just doing whatever they want and nothing makes sense. It feels like whoever thought about this concept of didn't think about what sort of stories the concept would be able to tell. The actors tried their best but nothing can save a bad script. Do not watch.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Checked this out for the cast and couldn't make it through the first episode.

Akiramike said...

@Robert: You have smarter than me! I should have pulled the pin much earlier.