Thursday, June 01, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 12 and 13: Fukuoka and Psycho Pass Providence

JR Hakata City official Vtuber. I am not sure I like this era where vtubers are becoming mainstream that I am in now. It was time to time one day trips and explore Fukuoka.

I missed the Eva Crossing Expo. I felt like I still didn't know left from right in Fukuoka because I was staying in Tenjin. On a sad news front, Gee! Store in Tenjin is no longer there. Gee! Store not being able to survive tells me there are not enough people into subculture there which is sad.

Went to this retrogame store called culture arts which was basically an apartment on the 3 floor. I wonder what the neighbours think about living next to a shop?

Floor map on the front door.

Plenty of Saturn games but could not find Shin Shinobi Den which I was looking for this whole trip.

Went to Genkaimaru for sushi. Magurozukushi for only 990 yen.

Went to Mandarake and actually found quite cheap copies of the two Fire Emblem games on DS but unfortunately I have already bought them for higher price.

I don't really buy figures anymore that this Kusanagi Motoko got me tempted. If it came with a Bato figure I would have definitely bought.

Yatais /stalls along the river. If you have played Yakuza 5, you would know what it is about.

Queueing up at Hakata ramen issou.


Very effin good tonkotsu and I added some wanton topping. Worth going all the way to Fukuoka for this.

City lights and you can see Canal City way in the back.

There was live music and plenty of food.

Village Vanguard with Lum what looks like Lum pillows? I was looking for the old Street Fighter stickers at every Village Vanguard I come across but couldn't find them. All Village Vanguards have similar stock but they also have very different stock.

Signed Hachimura Rui pictures.

Another Mugiwara store. How many are there in all of Japan?

Snoopy Town shop.

Marvel shop.

I have been thinking about the KFC Garlic hot chicken this whole trip. Normally the rule is do not eat fast food when in Japan except there is no hot and spicy in Melbourne and this was for supper.

You can just order online, come to store and enter pin number to unlock door.

Tastes exactly like hot and spicy! Yum.

Day 13, last day in Fukuoka. Got up early and went to Don Quixote for luggage shopping. I love that Don Quixote are 24 hours open. Probably spent half and hour deciding on a bag. Found the one I wanted but they did not have white.

Decided to walk to another Don Quixote. You can see the army of scary crows eating at rubbish from last night's yatai.

The other Don Quixote was much smaller and did not have big luggage though it did have some Sega shirts. Went back to the first Don Quixote, bought my luggage and wheeled it back to hotel. Luggage bag was around 12990 yen including tax exemption. Muji luggage bags are more than double that price so I hope my cheaper bag can hold out for 10 years.

Went to a Book Off near Hakata station that I had missed for more game and manga hunting.

Just a few of the 500 types Rem figures in Japan and I am not exaggerating.

Went to Nagahama number one in Hakata station.

I think this might be the best tonkotsu I have eaten this trip.

I should have bought this Sora no Kiseki from Surugaya because that was the cheapest I had come across.

I have the Eternal Arcadia guide book and I am sure it wasn't that expensive.

Was waiting for my tax refund when I took this picture. Why would you have Dhalsim vs Blanka on a SF2 Visa card. Who chose this over Ryu vs Chun Li/Ken/Sagat? If Surugaya is at a Marui you have go to a refund floor and they have 2% for 'handling fee' so you really get 8%. Other Surugayas they do straight away and take a picture of your passport and exempt the 10% and some don't do tax exemptions at all.

Went to Canal City.

A lot of people lining up.....

for DVDs?

Main reason was the ramen stadium. Good thing there was no entrance fee.

Tried tonkotsu tsukemen Ando because I have never had a tonkotsu tsukeman.

I didn't like it and I think tonkotsu and tsukemen don't mix very well.

Second reason was to go watch Psycho-Pass Providence. Loved the first two seasons. Could not finish season 3 which made it a bad idea.

Played a bit of House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn to kill time until movie started. Should have played it after and finished the game. It was 200 yen to start and 100 yen to continue.

Psycho Pass acrylic stands. I like the action in the movie and that we have Akane and Kogami back. I was a bit confused on the story because I did not finish season 3 and could not remember a lot of details. Season 3 characters are involved but not much. The ending of the movie is very big for Akane.

The Gundam base at Canal City.


Shopping haul from Surugaya. Guardian Heroes at 2400 yen was too cheap to pass up. Most places selling over 6000 yen.

Two books from Shining Force 3. One day I will finish all 3 Shining Force 3 games in a row.

Last night in Fukuoka. I only remembered on this day that I forgot to go eat at Hacchan which I had eaten at the Shin Yokohama Ramen museum. Unfortunately all Hacchans were closed on Sunday so I lost my chance and they don't open early on Monday.

No comments: