Saturday, June 03, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 15 : Isezaki mall and Yokohama Chinatown

Taking the 9.20 train to Yokohama. In the past the target was usually Shin Yokohama for the ramen museum but this time it was for Kannai station.

Reason was to go to Isezaki ma;;. If you have played Ryu ga Gotoku 7/ Like a Dragon you will recognise it Isezaki Ijincho from the game. It looks sort of different but is similar. 

It was still early in the morning and I think the proper time to go to Isezaki Mall would be at night with all the lights and bustling with people.

Ran into a very nice Book Off. I was more in manga mode. I only had a few days left and I should get my shopping done quickly so I can weigh my luggage and know whether to purchase additional weight allowance.

Very tempted by City Hunter complete collection. I think I bought volume 1 of Mugen no Juunin new edition here and I knew I could get the other volumes at Mandarake Akiba.

The Kannai Book Off had a near complete Slam Dunk complete collection, missing on volumes 1+2. I still could not make up my mind on whether to get the complete collection or new edition.

That is one expensive Gameboy Micro and Game & Watch!

Must resist OLED Switch! Used in Japan is nearly $100 cheaper than Australia. The OLED screen would be nice but its a luxury.

Was there a Don Quixote in Isezaki Ijincho? I can't seem to recall.

Had Yoshinoya gyudon regular size for breakfast. It felt like there was a bit of shrinkflation going on. Could have sworn regular (nami) had more beef.

Don't remember this crab in the game but definitely the one in Osaka/Dotonbori.Soutonbori.

Isezaki t-shirts from Uniqlo. Maybe should have gotten this since I did not get Horai 551 shirts but I have 200 shirts already.

Getting a case of deja vu. Maybe I have been to Isezakicho before.

A bookstore called comic heaven is my type of bookstore. 

I walked from Isezaki mall to Chinatown and went past these old court buildings that looked exactly like in RGG7.

Chinatown is exactly the same.

Layout not exactly the same but I stumbled onto the former Sega arcade that goes upstairs from the game.

I had no interest in Chinatown and was out of there quickly.

Chinatown felt like 100% tourists. Lot of locals though.

Came to a park on the way back to Kannai station. I think Yamashita Park is the park that was in RGG7.

Can't remember the name of the park but there were people eating lunch next to the pond...


... and looking at this wonderful scenery.

People lining up to take pictures of what I assume are baseball players training at Yokohama stadium.

On to Yokohama.

Yokohama Porta.

Village Vanguard at Vivre. No luck with the Street Fighter stickers.

Gotoubun no Hanayome pop up shop. I don't think I will ever watch the anime.

And Yoshinoya again for lunch, this time its Yoshinoya again for its new yakitoridon. It was ok but maybe I should have gone for Unajuu because I did not have any unagi this trip.

Went back to Mandarake Akihabara and was looking at the complete manga sets.

I bought Vol 1-7 Mugen no Juunin complete collection except for Vol 5. The English version I read long time ago was mirrored and cut to be read left to right so it will be nice to read it with the untouched art.

Tokimeki Memorial on PSP is crazy expensive. It is also the last mainline game. If Konami doesn't do a rerelease on Switch, I guess I will have to play it on Saturn. Come on Konami, don't you like money?

Advertisement for Berserk volume 42 with the Guts bust. The bust is basically a chopped up version of the Max Factory Pop Up Parade I don't feel feel it is worth it.

Hatsune Miku glasses and goods.

Saw this I"s for 4950 yen at Mandarake but the pages were too yellow for me.

Pepper lunch for dinner. My first and only Pepper Lunch this trip. Did not go ikinari steal.

Final Fantasy A2 was my only other buy on day 15. I prefer the Shining Force/Triangle Strategy character class is fixed rather than Tactics anyone can be any character class but strategy games are niche. I managed to find vol 5 of Mugen no Juunin so I had 1-7. With only 3 days left to go my mission was to find Vols 8-15 of Mugen no Juunin new edition and decide which Slam Dunk to buy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any Tanihara Shosuke work you can recommend?
Did you ever wrote a review for Blade of the immortal movie? Did you like it?

Akiramike said...

@Anon: Off the top of my head Tenshi no Koi, Love Shuffle and my personal favourite Tsugunai.