Saturday, November 26, 2022

Where to download jdoramas and subs in 2022

Once upon a time, there was a d-addicts tracker and all the shows were uploaded onto the tracker and life was good. You just needed one site to keep track of everything. Nowadays, everything is different and I remember someone saying recently that you basically need a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

Someone asked in the comments if I could make a mini guide with essential sites to follow. The good news is keiko1981 has already made a where to find doramas and subs guide which I encourage everyone to read through as it is the best starting point.

The most useful site for keep track of everything is the jdorama fansub map. This is the most important page because it is basically the spreadsheet to keep track of who is subbing what and where to get it. Big thanks to the people who maintain the fansub map because I would be lost without it. Looking at the map, it is encouraging that although jdoramas are such a niche hobby, so many shows are being subbed.

Just adding to keiko1981's guide I just want to mention where I get my shows. First one is dramahd. My no.1 reason for liking them are the smaller file sizes and that they upload jmovies as well. All the pages come with a quick synopsis and if I like a show I like up the subs on the fansub map. Smaller file sizes is important to me because some jdorama file sizes can get really huge and unless a jdorama looks like Kenja no Ai, I am not so particular about resolution and detail. I think keiko1981 said on twitter that someone was hacked from using dramahd but so far so good for me. Can't guarantee dramahd is safe but it is my most used site.

For private trackers, I am on avistaz, jptv.club and jptvts.us. I use avistaz the most and sometimes you can find some from those invite only places at avistaz. I remember getting some invite only subs recently from avistaz and in the past I have avoided those invite only 

Recently I have joined luwuang's discord server and drama-otaku. With luwuang, you get access to 4 subbers; donsubbers, edwardwong and madman and lilac so its worth joining. Unfortunately madman have been uploading their hardsubs onto terabox lately and you cannot download the file from the website and need to download the app which will show ads on your pc. I am rather suspicious of terabox and am staying away for the moment. 

There are a few hardsub websites around such as brokensubs, irozoku and blitzfansub. While keeping up with jdoramas is difficult, there are a lot more shows being subbed today then back in the early days of d-addicts, jem and getting jdoramas from Kiku TV in Hawaii and there are too many shows for me to keep up. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fansub map is very useful. Thanks for writing this up.

Robert said...

Yeah when I saw that question in the comments I immediately thought of the fansub map, the first place I go whenever there's a drama I'm interested in.

Anonymous said...

That fansub map is pretty neat and is also my number 1 source. As for files I get them either from nyaa or avistaz

Faiz Ikari said...

I use Terabox and the only way to download it directly is to make an account and copy the files to our own account.

Akiramike said...

@Faiz Ikari: Thanks! I thought there was no way to download without the app!

Nodof said...

thanks

suppaf said...

thanks for sharing! I just registered to drama-otaku too

Akiramike said...

@jaime: Try using https://discord.com/invite/yskwmxrVHe which I got from luwang's twitter.

dgundam said...

hi mike. thanks for the tip. ive been on a jdrama break especially with the kids. havent had a chance to catch up, and your reviews are very important in choosing what to watch with my limited time.

Happy new year!