Thursday, November 24, 2022

Subete Wasurete Shimau Kara episodes 1~3 jdorama review

Now I have access to drama-otaku, I decided to check what other shows they had and Subete Wasurete Shimau Kara caught my eye since it had Abe Hiroshi! Abe Hiroshi has been hit and miss recently. The Sniffer and DCU were crap but KDO2 and Dragon Zakura 2 were good. Plus Ono Machiko and Kudo Kankuro are in it!

Subete Wasurete Shimau Kara is about this not so famous but published mystery writer played by Abe Hiroshi who frequents bars in order to find inspiration for this stories. He has been in a relationship with Ono Machiko but on Halloween, she disappeared and he has not heard from her since.

Subete Wasurete Shimau Kara is a slow mystery/ slice of life about this mystery writer who does not seem to know much about his partner who has disappeared and who does not seem that desperate to find out. There is also this funny thing about his narration being down by a female voice hinting that Abe may no be who we are seeing?

The humour is very dry and the 3 episodes has not gotten me excited one single bit despite the appearance of Oshima Yuko at the end. Ono Machiko's sister is annoying and Abe Hiroshi letting her run all over him makes me dislike his character more.

I might take a peek at episode 4 at a later date but if a jdorama cannot even remotely pique my interest after 3 episodes, I think its time to drop it. IMO, 20 minute doramas need to have enough humour or be a feel good show and Subete Wasurete Shimau Kara has neither. Meh.

4 comments:

junny said...

Okay so it's not just me. I was wondering why this drama seemed rather lackluster even though it's got a solid cast, or if there was something I wasn't getting. The sister was ridiculous.

randonneuse said...

I just got rejected by Drama-Otoku, not surprising since I've only transcribed, edited and timed for real fansubbers. That plus not being willing to give my info to get Hikari Raiders raws means I need to start watching my years-long backlog. Sorry to miss the good new ones though.

Anonymous said...

Following j-dramas seems to be getting harder. Fansubs/raws are scattered all over the place. I'm hearing of all these new websites/blogs/discords that are hard to keep track of. My combo of AvistaZ/JPTV/D-Addicts is no longer sufficient.

If you don't mind, would you consider making a mini-guide with the essential sites to follow? It would be really helpful.

Elasmo said...

That's too bad. This one caught my eye and was gonna give it a watch. Now its relegated to back-burner material.