Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Hohoemu Hito

Hohoemu Hito is a jdorama special that came out this year that had been sitting in hard disk for a long time until I was randomly looking for something to watch and gave it a go. I only remembered that I downloaded it for Ono Machiko.

The dorama special is about Nito played by Matsuzaka Tori, a father who is accused of killing his wife and daughter next to a river and Ono Machiko is the reporter Kamoi who takes an interest in a case. 

The beginning of the dorama special is a bit weird in that we are dropped straight into the court case before we are told who our two main characters are.

However as Kamoi gets deeper into her investigation of Nito, the tension really ramps up and I remember thinking the writing of this psychological thriller is really good. 

This script deserves a movie budget and it could have been a must watch movie. The script is tight and goes into the mind of a person who could be a killer and I shall say no more because its best to watch Hohoemu Hito without any knowledge.

I think its still a pretty good jdorama special and very much worth watching. Almost must watch level IMHO. The subs are available at d-addicts and raw at nyaa.

1 comment:

notpenk said...

I've recently enjoyed watching Kimutaku's Drama SP - Kyojou.
Do check it out when you have the time.
It's GTO without the comedy for police academy.