Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Rewatching Rinjo seasons 1+2+The Last Answer

Whenever I review a police jdorama, I usually say at the end that it can't compare with the holy trinity of Gaiji Keisatsu, Gonzo and Rinjo.

A few weeks ago, I decided to rewatch the whole Rinjo series because it has been a while since I've seen it. I did a rereview of Episode 1 of Gaiji Keisatsu a few years ago and I feel like I should do it for every episode because it does so many things well that police jdoramas don't do.


As for Rinjo, it has been a long time since I saw it and I wondered whether it was as good as I remembered it?

The answer is yes. Season 1 is still must watch police/forensic dorama. The writing for season 1 is so solid and well done. Season 2 is not bad but bloody hell they should not have done a crappy movie to finish the story off

Rinjo The Last Answer feels like The Last of Us Part 2. Why ruin a great first season by doing a bad ending that tried to be too smart?

If you still have not seen Rinjo, I recommend you seek it out. First season is still must watch jdorama. Great cast, great acting and great writing.

Just stay away from the bloody The Last Answer movie. If only I could erase it from my memory. Maybe one day soon I will do a rewatch of Gonzo.

No comments: