Thursday, October 29, 2020

Gokushufudo Episodes 1~3

 

Tamaki Hiroshi was getting beat up by yakuza in Ryuu no Michi, now he plays an ex-yakuza in Gokushufudo. 

The catch is that he is now a house husband who is very good at his work.

The concept kind of reminds me of one of my favourite mangas, Angel Densetsu where high school kid with the face of a demon is always mistaken for a yankee. The question is how many interesting ways can Gokushufudo milk this househusband concept.

Gokushufudo certainly made me laugh here and there but half the time I was pretty restless watching the 3 episodes. Reason no.1 is that I couldn't give a damn about the 3 people in the above picture who make up Tamaki Hiroshi's former useless clan.

No.2 is that 45 minute episodes are too long for a gag jdorama. The pacing is too slow between jokes.

Gokushufudo should be much funnier but I could not finish episode 3 and I don't feel like watching the next one.

Maybe it gets better later but I don't feel like hanging around to find out. Tamaki Hiroshi does a great job but it feels like something is missing. Gokushufudo is not as fun as it should be. Meh. I got the show hardsubbed from Blitz but I believe someone on d-addicts is subbing as well.

3 comments:

junny said...

I've seen two episodes so far and am enjoying it a lot. But maybe I'm biased since I watch it mainly for Tamaki Hiroshi, who's doing a fantastic job as Tatsu. Still, I agree some of the ex-yakuza antics are a bit much.

bossu said...

Not a fan of newer jdoramas looking more and more... orange.

suppaf said...

I watched only ep1 and I agree that something is lacking..
I find the manga (volume 1) better than the drama, but at the same time I was not compelled to buy the 2nd volume.