Sunday, August 03, 2014

Fukuie Keibuho no Aisatsu


I've been watching Fukuie here and there one episode at a time and I've finally finished it. Its basically an attempt to create a new Furuhata Ninzaburo. Let's get the things I dislike out of the way, for which they are two. Firstly, there's the jdorama cliche that makes no sense of this Assistant Inspector who has solved multiple cases yet her colleagues grow and abuse her as if she is standing in the way of justice.


The second thing I dislike is that I just want to tell the killer to shut the hell up. Its something that I never got from Furuhata and I think its because Furuhata is a more playful and theatrical jdorama and it usually takes place on the same day so there's no time for the killer to calm down and think "wait a minute, I'll just shut up cause they've got no case against me anyway." This is probably Fukuie's Achilles heel IMO.


I like the effort in Fukuie Keibuho no Aisatsu, especially with Fukuie ending every episode with a good line. They also do the Furuhata thing of revealing little bits about Fukuie but not giving you the details though things get a bit personal in the end. Good try. A watchable but forgettable show that lives under the shadow of Furuhata Ninzaburo.

No comments: