Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wakamonotachi 2014 Eps 1-5


Wakamonotachi 2014 is basically Under the Same Roof 2014. An old school huge family without parents dorama. I'm guessing Under the Same Roof / Hitotsu Yane no Shita is probably a copy of the original Wakamonotachi series. I love both seasons of Under the Same Roof and Wakamonotachi 2014 has the acting talent to be as good.


WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

- Too much shouting and moral arguments such as the good old money is not everything speech. Tsumabuki Satoshi's Asahi is just irritating and not as fun as Eguchi Yosuke's An-chan. I think he was wrongly cast or they shouldn't have made him shout and overact so much.


- Tries so hard to be heartwarming that everything feels too telegraphed. Convict brother's girfriend story with Hikari's doctor lover just put me to sleep.



- Not enough Mitsushima Hikari. She turns everything into gold and should be involved in all the stories.  


WHAT I LIKE


+ Mitushima Hikari owns the role Hikari. The scene where Tsumabuki Satoshi asks Hikari if she's ok and she suddenly couldn't stop herself cying is crazy good acting.


+ I'll watch anything with Ao Yu and Mitsushima Hikari in it.


SUMMARY

Wakamonotachi 2014 makes me want to rewatch Under the Same Roof cause I'm interesting to see whether it holds up. I think there's something about the writing that makes Wakamonotachi 2014 more soapy and less of a 'pure' family show though Under the Same Roof is essentially a soap opera about two brothers in love with the adopted Sakai Noriko.

I guess you could say Wakamonotachi 2014 is just not as fun. I won't stop watching because of the cast but its very average show.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Totally agree with you. Great cast, average drama.