Sunday, July 09, 2006

Saishu Heiki Kanojo


Otherwise known as She, the Ultimate weapon or Saikano. The plot of the movie can be summed up as 'what if your cute girlfriend is also Japan's ultimate weapon of mass destruction?' I remember reading the manga a few years back, though I'm not sure whether I finished it or not but I was most interested if they could pull of the CG.


The movie is basically two parts: one is your typical high school love story, which the Japanese are masters of. There's no way they can fuck it up. All you need is cute girls in school uniforms, have ur clumsy koukuhaku scene, throw in an older sempai, mix in some misunderstanding and there you have the romance of Japanese high school.


The problem is the war part. Lots of stuff just don't make sense. Maybe it was because I was using autosubs. Too soon for me to pass judgement on the movie until I rewatch it with proper subs.


The main is girl OK, not super kawaii like the manga but good enough. And the ending is inconclusive. Kinda hate those vague endings.

No comments: