Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Japan 2023 day 5: Osaka and Made in Abyss exhibition

Woke up to news that there was an earthquake in Ishikawa prefecture. Sad to see the poor houses destroyed.

Fuji-san on the right of Shinkansen on the way to Shin Osaka station.


This time I was staying near Noda station, the station after Fukushima on the Osaka loop. I used to always stay in Tenmabashi because my regular bar Air's Clover was there. I have been in touch with Yukimi and she said that Air's Clover closed in January this year and so I have lost both my regular bars in Tokyo and Osaka.

Shopping arcade in Noda. The only negative thing about staying in Noda is that half the loop trains don't stop there.
Left my bags at the hotel and on to Osaka station where my destination is very obvious.

Capcom store Umeda! I wish I could have gone for the Street Fighter exhibition that just finished a few months ago because it had a lot of goods that I would not mind having.

One Piece store. 
Doraemon store next door.
Resident Evil / Biohazard car signs.

Exclusive Umeda Biohazard shirts. Was tempted but stayed strong.

The back of the hoodie for Village.

Monster Hunter sword to take pictures with. Unfortunately there were no Street Fighter goods at the Capcom Store which to me is sacrilege!

Link statue at Nintendo World.


I went to building in front of Osaka Station to eat my usual Osaka tonteki and it was closed!!!! Noo!!! There is a sign next to it saying that I could find other Osaka Tonteki's in Umeda and building no 2 but I cbf.

I love coming here, it is called Building in front of Station and there are 4 buildings and they all have underground eating places and best thing is tourists do not come here.

I saw this god-tiger tonkotsu ramen and thought I should save my tonkotsu for Fukuoka. 

Ended up going to Matsu no Ya for lunch. It is a cheap chain store. Not bad for the price but I think Matsuya is better though.

Saw this very expensive burger place.

Off to Loft in Umeda!

When I saw the sign for a Made in Abyss exhibition! You don't need to plan anything when going to Japan. You just need to turn up and there will be exhibitions and pop up stores for you.

Detective Conan stand ups and goods. Should he not have grown up back to his adult self by now?

Getting close to Made in Abyss.

My heart sank when I saw that the sign say in order to prevent overcrowding, tickets are presold for certain days. Luckily the second line said that in the case where space is available, you can get tickets from the counter on the 4th floor. Luckily I was able to get a ticket!

I was unable to take pictures for most of the exhibition. I forgot to mention that my android phone made shutter noises after arriving in Japan and I was unable to turn it off. The exhibition had a lot of animation cells and recreated bit from the anime. You could also have an audio guide which I chose not to.

I have only seen the first season so I have no idea who everyone else is. I am going to assume there will be more horrible stuff in season 2. 

Made in Abyss goods for sale. Was tempted but I did not buy anything.

Nier Automata anime goods.

Why watch the anime when you can play the game?

Was tempted to get this Yorha hoodie except the picture with 2B at the back is the one with the cat and the silhouette looks like she is pregnant.
There was also a Hatsune Miku pop up store. Pictures will be in a leftover post because this post is getting long.

Main reason for coming to Loft Umeda was Surugaya!

And they also had a Village Vanguard here. If the zombie apocalypse happened, I would like to be stuck in Loft Umeda.

I regret not buying the Street Fighter stickers on bottom right. They come out when I was last in Japan in 2019 and I ended up not being able to find them at other Village Vanguard stores all over the country. If you are unsure about buying something in Japan, just buy it!

Thanks to Isekai Ojisan, the price of Guardian Heroes has gone up!

You don't see Earthworm Jim 2 on the Saturn everyday. Too expensive for me.

The price for Gunstar Heroes on GBA is crazy!

Street Fighter 6 noodles at Yodobashi. It says double combo pepper flavour.

Had Sendai Gyutan for dinner at Umeda.
Another bar that I used to go was Hakushe in Fukushima. Yukimi told me that Kira had a new bar called Uzu a bit of a walk from Fukushima station. I managed to find it but sign says it was closed until Monday. I guess that is Golden Week weekend for you.

My shopping for the day.

Finishing the day with a famima chiki.  Should have gone out drinking but I was counting my cash and thinking this was only my first week and I should save it for Uzu.

2 comments:

Jung said...

Obviously food prices have gone up, but do you have feel like quality has also declined?

Akiramike said...

Vending machine prices have definitely gone up. Can't speak about quality in general but Yoshinoya's gyudon has less beef but that could be me.