Thursday, June 24, 2021

Nijiiro Karute Episodes 1~4 review

I never intended to watch Nijiiro Karute because the poster looks absolutely horrible.  It looks like a horrible photo-shopped picture that looks like it was designed by a 5 year old. Can someone tell me who the hell this poster is suppose to appeal to?

Robert and Anonymous recommended Nijiiro Karute and I decided to give it a go. I was not sure about the first few episodes. Its a countryside dorama about a clinic with a doctor, surgeon and nurse and Takahata Mitsuki (Kahogo no Kanako) is the doctor who has an uncurable illness.

I didn't buy episode 3 with the short term memory loss story because everyone acts like its their first time but they have gone through it many times. I just found the episode trying too hard to be touching.

That is until episode 4 which was the saddest and the funniest episode of the series. I don't think there will be another episode as good as episode 4 but I am now willing to watch the rest of the series to find out.

Just before writing this review, I realised that the writer is Okada Yoshikazu, the writer of too many great jdoramas including Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi and Iguana no Musume. I am definitely watching until the end.

In summary, if you want a everyone help each other out feel good and touching countryside jdorama, then Nijiiro Karute is for you.

3 comments:

Robert said...

I had overlooked the fact that Okada is the writer... yeah there are scenes in this that remind me of the conversations in [i]Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi[/i].

Anonymous said...

Out of topic but curious what you think about the new Karei Naru Ichizoku with Nakai Kiichi as Manpyo

Akiramike said...

@Anon: Thank you for reminding me about Karei Naru Ichizoku! I will definitely watch it!