Friday, June 04, 2021

Konto ga Hajimaru Episodes 1~3

Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to say that Konto ga Hajimaru has the strong potential to challenge Shitteru Wife and Ore no Ie no Hanashi for for jdorama of the year!

I was not interested in watching Konto ga Hajimaru because the synopsis said it was about 20 something people overcoming their failures. I had this image that this would be a bunch of friends with everyone having a dream and probably a triangle relationship in the middle and it would be boring and generic.

Konto ga Hajimaru is anything but boring and generic. From the first episode, I could tell it was a confident script with great dialogue and a strong idea where to go. A lot of times, jdoramas feel like mishmash of ideas as in they try to be a bunch of jdoramas combined but don't have their own voice. Konto feels confident and special and the 3 episodes are really, really good.

Konto ga Hajimaru is about 3 comedians who do skits and are not popular and Arimura Kasumi is their biggest fan. I know it doesn't sound promising but this show is so good. Arimura Kasumi's manager did a great job getting her in this show because if I were an actor, I would do this for free.

This is must watch stuff because by the end of episode 3, I guarantee you will be in love with all the characters. A big thank you to neet21 for subbing!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Glad to see that you picked up on this one... yeah it has been all-around excellent. I'm really intrigued with where this is going to go.