Friday, April 09, 2021

24 Japan 8-24

 

Finally, 24 Japan is finished! It was a fun ride of ups and downs for this Karasawa Toshiaki show since we rarely get action jdoramas.


My thoughts on 24 Japan haven't changed much since the first 8 episodes. Absolutely love the cast and I thought Nakama Yukie did a great job as the would be Prime Minister. I was engrossed in her story all the way through.

I didn't like Karasawa's daughter and wife but I do realise that is because they have to do certain things to make it a 24 episode series.

My only complaint is the action directing is pretty bad but that is also because they don't have Netflix money.  Some of the sets look very bad and there are too many camera shots of the actors full on so that we don't see the sparse backgrounds.

I wonder if they had an action master like Sato Shinsuke, would the action scenes have been better?

It would have been better but due to budget and time constraints, I think this is probably as good as it gets for a non WOWOW action jdorama.

If you keep your expectations realistic, 24 Japan is a watchable show. 24 Japan is being hardsubbed on nyaa by CTU. I hope they do a second season. A big thank you to anonymous on nyaa who uploaded the JPTV rips and retimed the Japanese subtitles because they made watching it so much easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel relieved every time I check this blog and see something new. So happy you keep updating it:D