Monday, August 17, 2020

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju Episodes 1~3

It has been a very long time since I've seen a rakugo jdorama. The last one I can remember is Tiger and Dragon. Its probably time to do a rewatch because I can't remember anything about it.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju is not a comedy. It starts off as the story about an ex convict trying to become a rakugo storyteller and then episodes 2 and 3 are flashback episodes about how the ex-con's master and Narumi Riko's father went up in the post WW2 rakugo world.

I like watching rakugo shows because of the stories but Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju doesn't really give you the whole stories and they are no that funny. The main hook of the story is Narumi Riko accussing the master of killing her father but I can't get myself to care about the characters who feel a bit asadora. 

Not going to move past episode 3 and doubt I will touch it again. Its based and a manga and since they made an anime the story must be good but the 3 episodes did nothing to convince me to continue. Meh.

2 comments:

praveen said...

It's been a long time since I visited your blog. Wanted to check your recommendations. (Glad to see you're still maintaining it.). Just started watching Tetsu no Hone. Thank you.

By the way, did you watch/hear about "Kotaki Kyodai to Shikuhakku". If not, check it out. You may like it. It's a slice-of-life, but a couple of episodes are quite funny. (It's got Takito Kenichi as one of the leads! The other one is Kanji Furutachi).

Until next time!

#Staysafe

Akiramike said...

@praveen: Yes I did watch Kotaki Kyodai and will write about it soon. Stay safe!