Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Sniffer Episode 1

I have always said that I would watch anything with Abe Hiroshi in it but The Sniffer would be the one exemption. I actually tried it out when it come out in 2016 but could not get into it and gave it another try today. The result is the same: I have absolutely no interesting in watching episode 2.

My problem is the concept of the show; Abe goes to a crime scene, gives it a few sniffs and tells the audience what happened. There is no piecing together of clues, no build up of evidence. Abe just goes to a crime scene and knows things and its not fun nor exciting.

The Sniffer is a remake of an Ukranian series and someone must have seen something good in it but I see nothing redeeming in episode 1. Such a shame because its got a decent sized budget.

2 comments:

shibamata said...

If you would watch anything with Hiroshi Abe: Chiroru no Banka from 1992 with the late Ken Takakura. Hiroshi Abe has a speaking role in it: 'Denwa, denwa!' Has been subbed recently. :-)

Michael

Akiramike said...

@shibamata: Thanks, will put on my list!