Sunday, June 28, 2020

Diary 2018 Episodes 2~4

I really enjoyed Diary 2018 not just because its got Renbutsu Misako and Otsuka Nene but its a decent story about an estranged daughter learning about her mother through her mother's friends.


It is also a story about Renbutsu Misako looking for who has the other copy of her mother's living will and her coming to terms with her mother's wishers.


Diary reminds me a lot of this PS Vita game called Root Letter where based on Letters that you receive, you go to this small town and find out the truth from the residents. Instead of letters, Renbutsu Misako has to find out what parts of the diary that her mother and her mother's friends have written in are true and what parts are not.


I got attacked by onion ninjas in the final episode and I must say Renbutsu Misako is one of my favourite actresses to watch over the years doing so man supporting roles.


Diary is a very watchable show and I recommend it if you are after a easy to watch go back to the countryside type of story.

2 comments:

Robert said...

This was good... thanks for recommending it. I was expecting a different resolution in the last episode and the show was all the better for taking the other route.

Rick said...

I enjoyed this one too, because my preference is for slice-of-life dramas and because in my Japanese studies the speech in this drama was particularly clear and easy to understand.