Thursday, June 11, 2020

Chase 2017 controversy


Bframe5 brought something interesting to me attention about the Amazon jdorama Chase. From the Japanese wikipedia entry, it seems that although the Chase says that it is a work of fiction, the story and the murders in the jdorama are essentially the same as the real life Ashikage murder case.

The article also says that the makers of Chase did not interview the victims' families nor did they seek their permission and ignored their feelings. Because of this, Amazon stopped the distribution of episode 7 for a short while.

I have no idea why the creators did not just say it was based on real life events because the story of the reporter and the ending is the same. Maybe there are monetary reasons for it.

The facts that it is based on real life just makes the story all the more interesting. I will get to season 2 once I find time. I find Chase a very watchable show and hope everyone sees it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all this talks about journalist's\reporting ethics. hypocrites

Faiz Ikari said...

Hi there Akiramike, I know you're a fan of WOWOW drama, I have some suggestion, if you have the time, in the future, can you make your top WOWOW drama that you ever watch. Maybe top 20 or top 30 or something.

Akiramike said...

@Faiz Ikari: Good idea for a WOWOW list. I've had a top 10 all time jdorama list floating in my head for the past 10+ years but its just too hard to solidify the list.