Saturday, December 28, 2019

Kore wa Keihi de Ochimasen! Episodes 1-4

Kore wa Keihi de Ochimasen is everything Douki no Sakura is not. They are both similar in that they are workplace shows with a rigid female protagonist who uncompromising but Keihi de Ochimasen feels more real and its more about the day to day problems people face at work instead of trying to be overly melodramatic.

It is also funny and I find the script to be more cleverly written compared to Douki no Sakura. Both shows talk about problems people face at work but Keihi de Ochimasen presents the problems in interesting ways and does not feel compelled to overexplain everything.

I'm watching this show and I'm thinking I recognise these of problems from my workplace. Various departments needing to work together but at the same time having their own needs.


Loving the guest actors, especially Katase Nana. She should have been a recurring character. 

Tabe Mikako is awesome and I don't even mind the Johnny is this show.

I big thank you to Anonymous for recommending Keihi de Ochimasen. If I had watched it earlier, I would have dropped Douki no Sakura faster I think. Very watchable.


You can get the raws by searching これは経費で落ちません! in nyaa and the subs by going to Keiko1981's fansub map here. And yes, the subs work perfectly.

5 comments:

BlueKelah said...

Bro can you read chinese subtitles? Here you can get completed 10 episodes with chinese subs.

http://www.zhuixinfan.com/main.php?mod=viewtvplay&pid=1050&extra=

Anonymous said...

What is your top 10 J-dramas and foreign movies this year?

Anonymous said...

This was on my radar and I've been waiting for it to get translated... so thanks for the review and linking to the subs. I've yet to watch but having peeked at a few episodes I can already tell the writing on this is superior to Doki no Sakura.
-Robert

Akiramike said...

@BlueKelah: The whole show has been subbed in English and no I can't read chinese.

@anon: I will do a hamsapsukebe awards for 2019 but I have not watched enough Japanese movies this year to make a list.

@Robert: The writing is very much superior to Doki no Sakura.

Haemun said...

Do you know where i can watch it with eng sub? Cause i can't find it :(