Monday, December 16, 2019

Japan 2019 trip Day 14: Showa Memorial Park

Showa Memorial Park is a 20 minute walk from Tachikawa Station which is about 30 minutes from Shinjuku. The main reason for coming here was for the cosmos festival.

Map of the park. This place is huge!

We were thinking about going Hakone to see susuki field but didn't end up going so at least we got some susuki here.

Great weather for a walk in the park.

Mark of a civilised country.

People pitching tents and food stalls on the right.

Pretty sure I had the beef steak skewers.

 Yellow cosmos field on the right of the food stalls.

Closer look at the cosmos.

Found some purple? ones.

A lot of people brought their dogs to the park. One could easily spend whole day taking pictures of dogs instead of flowers.






Next up is a Japanese garden.


Which also had a bonsai garden.


I love Japanese gardens.

Now this is a real field of flowers!




Stopped by Book-off at no the way back to Tachikawa station.

Was walking around this food court trying to find a not overpriced place to eat when I saw the words kurobuta.


Not the best kurobuta I've had but it was ok.

Lunch at Gyoza no Ohsho the next day which was our last day in Japan. Can't go wrong with gyoza and chahan.

 Tokyo Tonkotsu Base at Narita. I've had it before. Meh. Chain shop tonkotsu is never good and it irks me when I hear people praise chaintens like Ippudo and Ichiran.

Gaming loot picture 1. I just finished Eternal Arcadia this morning. Now for Shin Sakura Taisen!

Loot picture 2. I could not resist the t-shirts although I already have 100 t-shirts from Japan.

Final loot picture of games I may never get around to finishing. Love Sekiro and I started new game plus but I've got too many games to play. Thanks for reading and I hope I was able to provide some ideas for your Japan trip.

1 comment:

youngheartsparkfire said...

It's been a pleasure reading, even as somebody living here. Showa Kinen Koen is one of the absolute best places to visit, especially so in the autumn!