Sunday, December 01, 2019

Japan 2019 trip Day 10 and 11: Back to Tokyo for shopping

We took the shinkansen back to Tokyo and I had been waiting for this for the whole trip, to eat at Oreshiki! Oreshiki is my 2nd or 3rd favourite tonkotsu ramen place.

Something was different with the soup. It tasted a bit diluted compared to usual and even my partner who is not usual tonkotsu fan could tell the difference. Disappointing and did not give it another go which we should have. It just reminds me of a couple of our favourite places in Melbourne where the food is inconsistent or they have changed cooks and it was never the same. Enjoy your good restaurants while you can.

 Now they've got vending machines with a touchscreen and animations when you choose the drink. Does this actually save money or is it a marketing gimmick?

Went to Shinjuku Marui Annex and there was a Marvel pop up store.

I managed to resist buying any shirts because I have way too many from buying hundreds each time I go to Japan.

On a side note, I don't like how Peter in the MCU is basically a mini Iron-man a suit that can solve any of his problems. It removes the sense of danger too much.

The main reason I came to Marui Annex was Surugaya.

lots of Megadrive

and Saturn games

Poor Ant-Man. No one wants his shirts.

Waiting for connecting train at Ochanomizu.

Loot from Surugaya. My wallet was very, very light after this. The main thing I wanted was a gamecube..

.. so I could play Eternal Arcadia Legends aka Skies of Arcadia. I'm currently around 30 hours into the game.

Dragon Quest XI mural at Yodobashi Akihabara. Love the game. Not many old school RPG series left.

Where once again we went back to our favourite sushi place, Magurobito.

I'm no expert but we love the temperature of the sushi here.

Its slightly chilled and tastes fresh to me.


I love my maguro.

Stumbled onto a Tohou Project collaboration event!

Sometimes you don't even need to plan anything for Japan.

Had some taiyaki for early lunch. We couldn't really do anything the next day because the weather was gloomy so we just walked Akihabara.

I love Bloodborne but 5000 yen a shirt is way too much. However, I would not mind a Sekiro shirt.

Tried the Sichuan crunchy chicken and its no match for konbini chicken.

Went to Friends which is the no 1 or 2 obscure retro game shops that most people don't know about along with Kaden no Kenchan.

The price of GBA machines is crazy. I'm guessing there's a huge demand from foreign buyers like for the Megadrive.

Found out that the cable and memory card for the Gamecube was sold separately.

Coco Ichi for dinner with an extra order of Coco de chicken.

A remember getting take away of a box of these many years ago.

Testing my Gamecube in the hotel room. Hint: get a Japanese powerboard to make life easier. The forecast for day 12 was good so we could finally do another day trip after shopping and eating for two days.

No comments: