Sunday, October 13, 2019

Mada Kekkon Dekinai Otoko Episode 1


Kuwano Shinsuke is back and he is still unmarried. The theme song is still the same, just remixed.

Eiji is also back and has graduated from Kuwano's assistant to sharing the office with him.

They have replace the Kaneda blog with Yakkun's blog. When Kuwano enters his name in the internet search, the number 7 result is Yakkun's blog which is critical of Kuwano and accuses him on preying on the elderly with his designs for older people.

Kuwano goes to see a lawyer, Yoshiyama sensei (Yoshida Yo) for legal advice and I love how Kuwano is still his brazen, unfiltered self. Kuwano finds out that Yoshiyama sensei is single. I was most worried about Yoshida Yo's chemistry with Abe Hiroshi but they are pretty good together and of course the writing by Ozaki Masaya is good.

This looks very inappropriate for a gym.

We got a new konbini girl and am looking forward to her story.

Kuwano has a new neighbour who moves into Michiru's uncle's old apartment. She hides her face outside so I'm guessing she's some idoru that Kuwano is going to help out. I miss Michiru. :(

Kuwano goes to court to see Yoshiyama sensei in action and sees her representing Okano-san (Inamori Izumi) in her divorce proceedings.

Kuwano overheards Okano-san's husband and lawyer in the toilet and gets more involved.

Kuwano ends up going to Okano-san's cafe after picking her up in his taxi. Unusual to see Kuwano this proactive in courtship.

Unmarried lawyer and soon to be divorce client have a girls night out.

We find out the unfortunate news that Hayasaka sensei got married to a very rich guy killing all hope of a surprise return. I'm guessing Eiji is not longer with his old girlfriend?

Kuwano is of course enjoying shabu shabu by himself.

Kuwano's family is back. I predict an episode where the niece finds out how awesome her uncle is.

Looks like this show is going to start with Kuwano and Okano having a thing with Yoshiyama sensei watching from the sidelines.

I had fun watching Kuwano interacting with various people and doing his Kuwano thing.

I kept my expectations low and was prepared not to enjoy the sequel but Abe Hiroshi is just fun to watch. I am still not able to accept the Hayasaka ending did not happen but its still Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.


Looking forward to the next episode when Kuwano will start using a konkatsu application. Episode 1 has not been subbed yet as far as I know.

2 comments:

Sonna~ said...

My Japanese isn't good enough to understand a lot of this, but I still watched a chunk of the first episode anyway. It looks fun and I'm glad to see so many familiar faces, although I miss Michiru too.

BlueKelah said...

there's chinese subs up to ep2 now on http://www.zhuixinfan.com/main.php if you can read chinese. I cant be bothered waiting for eng subs nowadays unless its for a drama not subbed by the chinese.