Monday, October 21, 2019

Japan 2019 trip Day 3: Inokashira Park in Kichijoji

Went to the Rugby World Cup megastore in Shinjuku. I wanted to get a Japan jersey but they did not have my size

I spent the whole trip going back and forth between I should buy this to I don't really need this. 12000 yen is a lot for a shirt.

 We went to Nakano to go to my favourite tonkotsu Butayarou and it was supposed to be open. He's even got the preparing now sign up but there was no light inside. We waited half an hour before leaving.

Had lunch at a cheap tonkatsu place near Nakano station.

I've already covered Nakano many times so there's nothing new to show here.

Our main destination for the day was Kichijoji which is a couple of stations further west from Nakano. Its right next to Mitaka, where the Ghibli museum is.

Map of the famous Kichijoji Sunroad, a long line of shops.

We did not explore the shops that much.

Because I went straight to the nearest Hard Off.

Which unfortunately, did not have much in way of video games.

The place we wanted to get to was Inokashira Park which has appeared in many shows. Most recent I can remember was Netflix's Hibana Spark.

I believe that Kichijoji is said to be the most liveable city in Tokyo.

There were quite a lot of people here and no pesky tourists.





The sky of overcast but wasn't too bad.



Went to Horumonyaki Kouei in Kabukicho for dinner. I believe they've got two other branches in the Shinjuku area.


Service wasn't that good but meat as not bad.

I love my karubi.

 I got the most streetpasses in one day on this Kichijoji trip. Most of the time I get an average of 3 streetpasses, even in Akihabara. Yes, its really hard to get streetpasses in Japan now. :(

No comments: