Monday, October 28, 2019

Japan 2019 trip Day 4: Yokohama Ramen Museum and Minato Mirai

This was my third time going to the ramen museum where I once discovered Kumamoto ramen many years ago and my partner's first time.

I think this is from Shin Yokohama station and the ramen museum is just 10 minutes walk away.

I hasn't changed much after all those years except for some new shops.

I got really really excited when I saw tonkotsu ramen with wonton.

The shop is called Hacchan ramen.

I ordered the small bowl so I could try the other ramen. My stomach is growling like crazy right now.

I wish I could eat more in Japan but there is a limit to the number of meals I can have in a day.

I believe this is from Muku ramen. It has a chicken broth and they use a cake mixer like thing to whip the soup up.

It certainly had a unique taste and I don't mind eating it again.

Last one was Ryu's noodle bar and it was very meh.

I was deciding between going back to Hacchan to get a big serving or try another small bowl and I thought might as well take the opportunity.

I don't see how ramen and choco puff go together.

Took the train to Yokohama.

Where we of course headed to the nearest book off. I don't think we went to the one in Shin Yokohama.

We walked around Yokohama debating whether to go Chinatown or Minato Mirai.

In the end we chose Minato Mirai.

When you see a ferris wheel with many lights in jmovies and jdoramas, its usually Minato Mirai.

Waiting for the sun to go down so we took a walk along the harbour.

Is that the rainbow bridge?

Came across these bunch of red buildings and we had no idea what they were.

Turns out they were originally warehouses from back in the day and they have been turned into shops and eateries.

It was getting dark and time to head back.





To see the ferris wheel lit up.


Went back to Kabukicho Shinjuku for dinner at Gyukatsu Motomura.


It was our first time at Motomura which was recommended by my friend Will, who had stayed in Kabukicho a year before.
The gimmick of Motomura is that you have to cook the meat on the plates in front of you.

I thought it was ok.

No comments: