Thursday, June 13, 2019

Perfect World Episodes 1-8

Its been a long time since I've seen a wheelchair jdorama. Was the last one Beautiful Life starring Kimutaku and Tokiwa Takako?


The good thing about disability jdoramas is that besides the usual renai cliches, challenges faced by disabled people make an the show more interesting and educational.

However with Perfect World, I kind of feel building up of the relationship between the two main characters kind of takes a back seat to all the issues about disability, how the world views them and how they see themselves.

The chemistry between the two main leads is kind of meh, and I don't feel like the show spends enough time building their relationship as a couple. It doesn't help that there's a lot of boring soap opera stuff with Nakamura Yuri as the carer and the childhood friend.

The most interesting and 'real' relationship is between the sister and the one legged guy.

I found myself skipping scenes towards the middle of the show.

Overall, Perfect World has potential but its kind of meh for me. According to Keiko1981's fansub map, Perfect World is being hardsubbed by a livejournal group but looks like you need to apply to be a member.

1 comment:

nanimono said...

I'm surprised you haven't watched Kinou Nani Tabeba or Fujoshi, Ukkari Gay ni Kokuru. Both shows are LGBT related but I really like the execution and the messages delivered in the doramas, also very good acting by Uchino Seiyo (Kinou Nani Tabeta) and Fujino Ryoko (Fujoshi). Please give it a try, would like to hear your thoughts hehe