Sunday, June 30, 2019

Kioku / Memory Episodes 1-5

Kioku is the second alzheimer jdorama in recent memory after the rather bland Dai Renai.

Nakai Kiichi plays the main character Honjo who at first seems like this cold hearted lawyer who does questionable things and neglects his family but the more time we spend with Honjo, we realise that he is human and has emotional scars.

There are no surprises in Kioku. All the characters are likeable and there is the mystery of an accident to keep things interesting. I like the assistant and the new lawyer but the comedian lawyer is annoying.

Happy to see Yuka who looks like she never ages.


I don't really have anything insightful to say about Kioku. I enjoy it and its decently done. My only complaint is that I was waiting for a massacre at the end of episode 5 but someone decided to take the high road.


Watchable if you are in a mood for some wholesome jdorama. Thanks to narai225 for subbing and you can get the raws from avistaz.

2 comments:

youngheartsparkfire said...

Where can I find the subs, Mike?

Akiramike said...

@youngheartsparkfire : Subs available at https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=164816