Sunday, June 16, 2019

Metro ni Notte jmovie review

I've watched so many jmovies and jdoramas that I've forgotten so many. When I saw kawada_kun had uploaded Metro ni Notte on nyaa, I thought the name sounded familiar. Searched for it in my hdds but could not find the file.  (I'm guessing I lost it when my HDD died years ago) I decided to give it a watch since I could not remember whether I had seen it.


Tsustumi Shinichi is a salesman who has cut of his ties from his father who he detests. One day at a subway station he sees a glimpse of his long dead brother and follows up and somehow ends up in 1964.

Metro ni Notte is a timeslip movie about the son who travels to various periods of his father's past and gets to know his father. It starts off interestingly enough but then there does not seem to be any rules for his time travelling because Tsutsumi Shinichi could just travel by sleeping.

The fun parts for me were the retro sets and watching Osawa Takao play the dad and of course Okamoto Aya who I've not seen in forever. I'm guessing she retired? I think she was my Takeuchi Yuko before Takeuchi Yuko.

Towards the end was when I really started to remember having watched Metro ni Notte and the movie ends with a wtf ending that just left me scratching my head. I thought this movie was about a son understanding his father actually cared for his children despite being a hardass but it ends up being something completely different.

In the end, I have to give Metro ni Notte a meh. I just don't get it. I guess I can understand why Okamoto Aya's character did what she did it did not feel like the movie tried to build it up.

No comments: