Sunday, June 09, 2019

5 Things I liked about Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku Episodes 3-10

1) Akari's secret turned out to be quite amusing.

2) I really liked the four family members as they grew from their experiences.

3) The identity of Tonight Star. Lol. Should have seen that coming.

4) Production values and acting was good all the way through.

5) In the end, it was a family dorama about the good and bad of social media and how it can divide families or bring them together.

If Bazuru Kazoku has any weakness, its that the relationship between Akari and her love interest was meh. I wasn't too thrilled with the ending of episode 3 because I felt like your typical family jdorama plot of a lie that just snowballs with the ending being the confession (which it was) but they did use the bazuru of Namahage Chop to explore things like copycats and Akari's fear of being found out.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a family jdorama as fun and refreshing as Mukai no Bazuru Kazoku. I still don't love it as much as say Oyaji but I like it very much and its just so well done.

3 comments:

NikiWonoto said...

I thought the ending was a bit weak and feel rushed, unfortunately. But overall, it's still a good drama that is especially real and relevant today, when people are so addicted to social media. it's also a good drama about family.

thank you very much for sharing your review posts about good j-dorama.

-from Indonesia-

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to watch this drama because the subject matter of social media holds zero interest for me. However, your "must watch" rating prompted me to try it and it turned out to be an excellent family drama with a twist. So thanks for reviewing, as always!!
--Robert

Anonymous said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I felt like this show was too underrated. I mean, I've seen better TV shows, but this one was very well-written. I agree with you about the acting — it felt very natural and realistic to me. I really liked how every family member was having their own personal issues that related to social media. The characters weren't forgettable, and even though I got lost a few times, due to my lack of Japanese knowledge, the pacing felt steady enough for me to get back on track. I also like how Namahage chop became less of Akari's alias, and more of a guidance as Akari began to have less people to talk to. I feel like the story would have fit better as a movie, but the series usually ended the episodes on cliffhangers, making me desperate for the next episode to release. Overall, I also agree that this show is a must-watch. It's only 10 episodes long, and won't take much time to complete.